18 Helpful Tips to Make the Most Out of Your Spa Experience
Are you planning to book a relaxing pamper session at the nearest spa soon? Plenty of people visit spas for various reasons. But, let’s admit it we are going to spa as another alternatives of beauty cosmetic surgery without going under the knife in having the desired body and face. While the spa experience can be positively life-changing, it can also be very expensive. You need to make the most out of it.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Different spas exist for different reasons.
Not all of them are created are established equally, upholding the same purposes. Know their offerings, and understand all the differences. Research on spa etiquette, price lists, spa treatment descriptions, tipping and cancellation policies.
2. Always ask the spa attendant questions.
Contact the spa by email, phone, or through an online form ahead. As much as possible, list down all of your questions. You wouldn’t want to miss any inquiry before finalizing your appointment.
3. Look for the best spa near your location.
You may get a lot of recommendations from friends and family members, but you still need to make sure that the one you will visit can efficiently cater to your specific needs.
4. Do you want to go to hotel or resort with a full-service spa?
Finalize your and book your room reservation and spa treatment ahead of time.
You may also inquire about discounted a la carte spa services and special room and spa packages.
5. If it’s possible to request a tour before finalizing your spa appointment, please do so.
You need to make sure that the establishment meets and exceeds your expectations.
6. Even if you were allowed to tour the facility before finalizing your appointment, you may not be able to see the actual treatment rooms.
Spas are crowded most of the time, even in the meditation and relaxation areas. Moreover, they need to preserve guest privacy, so there shouldn’t be any distraction.
7. Avoid those spas that ask you to pay non-refundable fee.
Even if it is for their insurance coverage.
8. Do you want to book for a massage session?
If yes, let the spa attendant know ahead of time whether you want a female or male therapist.
9. Are you planning to have a salt glow treatment or any other body spa treatment that involves exfoliation?
If yes, make sure not to shave any part of your body in less than 24 hours before the treatment.
10. Make sure that you are fully draped throughout the entire spa treatment process.
You need to ensure the spa treatment session being held without exposing any of your body parts.
11. Don’t talk or laugh too much.
There should be no electronic devices such as mobile phones. Most importantly, no children under 16 is allowed.
12. Book all of your spa treatments ahead of time.
Surely, you wouldn’t want to go all the way to the spa and find out that nothing is available. Being part of the wait list is not even an option.
13. For the first-time spa goers, it’s okay to ask questions.
It’s fine to be a newbie, and to inquire about plenty of details. Let the spa attendants and therapists know your concerns, so they can immediately attend to it.
14. If you experience any pain or discomfort while on the treatment table, let them know as soon as possible.
Keeping you relaxed and comfortable is one of their foremost goals, so you shouldn’t suffer in silence.
Communicate well with the spa staff, and they will make all the necessary adjustments.
15. Always be on time.
Don’t be late. Most spas will ask you to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your treatment.
16. Are you plus-sized?
If your robe doesn’t fit you well, don’t be shy to ask for a bigger robe.
17. Every spa, spa treatment and therapist are different.
When it comes to facials, the outcome will highly depend on the products used. Make sure to always manage your expectations.
18. One of the most important things you should do before starting any treatment, or maybe even before finalizing your appointment, is to give them a heads up about any existing health conditions.
Are you currently on medication? Do you have allergies? Answer the questionnaire that would be given to you honestly.
A spa experience is a good investment, especially for people who are always stressed and busy. Make sure to choose a spa that can meet your specific expectations and needs.